STS offers ADA ParaTransit services to persons with disabilities who qualify.
ADA ParaTransit Service
ADA ParaTransit Service provides a vehicle with a wheelchair lift that supplies curb to curb service within a specified area. This service is only for those who cannot use the fixed route system. You must have a disability that prevents you from using a fixed route accessible bus.
ADA ParaTransit Card Applications
An application for an ADA ParaTransit Card may be obtained by calling STS at 800-832-3322 (TTY Relay #711) or by visiting the STS facility in the St. Clair Industrial Park or Union Station, Pottsville. Your application requesting ADA ParaTransit Services will be reviewed by qualified staff members. An STS representative will meet with you and assist you in familiarizing yourself with our transit system.
- All reservations must be scheduled 24 hours in advance
- Both origin and destination of your trip in Schuylkill County must be within 3/4 mile of one of our established Fixed Routes (the buses that travel the same route each day)
- The days and hours for ADA ParaTransit trips must match the same days and hours of the Fixed Route Buses
- ADA ParaTransit trips can be made for any purpose.
- The fare for this transportation service is $2.70 per one-way trip
- If an assistant must accompany you, his or her trip is free
- Federal law requires STS to offer voter registration opportunities to age eligible clients
STS makes every effort to accommodate all our passengers — we ask you to please keep the following points in mind:
- ALL scheduled trips will be subject to the capacity restraints of the STS system
- PLEASE have exact fare ready. Agency funded tickets must be filled out completely before giving to your driver
- ALL side trips (to the drug store, bank, etc.) must be scheduled and are subject to appropriate fare structures
- ALL pick up times are approximate as they are subject to road, weather and traffic conditions
- ALL passengers depend on the courtesy of others
- PLEASE be ready 15 minutes before your scheduled pick up